[cmake-developers] -GNinja on Windows

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Jun 11 22:33:07 EDT 2012

On 6/11/2012 10:21 PM, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> All tests pass now for MSVC and MinGW!
>
> With some small patches for ninja:
> https://github.com/syntheticpp/ninja/commits/ninja-for-cmake
>
> The changes are only needed for msvc when the build
> dir path contains spaces, and for mingw because of slashes
> in path names.

Great work.  Nice to see.  What are the chances of those changes being
accepted upstream?   I am a bit concerned about the quote stuff.
Putting quotes in and then taking them out.  Where do the quotes come
from?  Is there another way to put paths with spaces into ninja?  Most
of the tests except the depend stuff was passing with spaces in the path
before these changes.  Is this all about the .d file contents?

-Bill