[cmake-developers] Adding logic to CMake for -fPIE and -fPIC

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jun 8 12:52:59 EDT 2012

On 06/08/2012 11:16 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> David Cole wrote:
>
>> Please eradicate that, and then this topic will be ready for merging.
>>

> It looks like the unit test is not being executed on the FarAway linux
> continuous build.
>
> That started yesterday, and as it is continuous (unclean?), I thought a
> clean build today would resolve it, but it is still not being executed
> today.
>
> Can we find out why that is?

This change:

  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=f65b5083

means that the test won't run if CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_VERSION
is not set while CMake itself is configuring.  The value
will only be set if CMake is built by another CMake that
is 2.8.8 or later.  Currently our minimum required version
is 2.8.2, so anything in between will not run this test.