[cmake-developers] libarchive and SCHILY.fflags (was: Welcome to June, time for the next release candidate)

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Tue Jun 5 15:55:56 EDT 2012

Am Dienstag, 5. Juni 2012 um 13:19:31, schrieb Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>
> On 06/05/2012 08:57 AM, Kornel Benko wrote:
> >> The builtin cmlibarchive in CMake 2.8.8 is libarchive 3.0.2, from svn
> >> rev 4051, now Git commit 28267d8f:
> >
> > On ubuntu 12.04 it is package libarchive12, version 3.0.3-6ubuntu1.
>
> Can you provide a simple script that reproduces a "bad" tarball
> using "cmake -E tar" when CMake is built against that libarchive,
> and a test to know if it is "bad"?  If I can reproduce it I can
> bisect libarchive history.  I don't have Ubuntu 12.04 but I do
> have dpkg.
>
> Thanks,
> -Brad

It is really not so easy.
I have a directory, which produces such a tar file. Even if I remove all files from that dir,
the created tar is "bad".

It looks, like it would depend on initial number of entries (in my case 528). Maybe, if there are more than 128 ... have to check

Ok, I created a dir with 340 entries. (330 entries was not enough).

	Kornel