[cmake-developers] Adding logic to CMake for -fPIE and -fPIC

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 11:40:10 EDT 2012

Stephen Kelly wrote:

>> Brad King wrote:
>>> The current implementation can be refactored in a way that
>>> should make Xcode easy.
>>
>>> Then simply use the patch below for Xcode.
>>
>> Great, thanks, all done.
>>
>> I'll merge it into next next week when I can look at the dashboard.
>>

> I've merged it now.

There's a surprising failure which I'm not able to debug:

http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=148807497&build=2335525

I tried outputting the OUTPUT resulting from the try_compile, but that does
not seem to actually create the output as expected, even though the
releveant commit is being tested
(http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=84d29a5358e4fa01583e2aef1e8e8097e187045f
).

Can someone with access to that box find out what is going on?