[cmake-developers] Welcome to June, time for the next release candidate

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 17:58:19 EDT 2012

David Cole wrote:

> We are preparing to build CMake 2.8.9, release candidate one, in the next
> few days (or possibly as late as next week).
>
> Is there any pending/outstanding work that anybody thinks is critical for
> inclusion in CMake 2.8.9?

I'd very much like the POSITION_INDEPENDENT_CODE topic to be part of it.

> (I don't want to trigger a flurry of activity by sending this out... but I
> suppose it's better to have it before we decide to cut rc1 than after. ;-)

Yury did some work on export-sets:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.buildsystem/7257/focus=7274

But I don't think it's 'done' enough for inclusion yet unfortunately. The
existing tests pass, but new ones are needed. Hopefully we can get it ready
early in the next cycle.