[cmake-developers] [CMake] Nina Generator on Windows generates too long link cmd lines

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Mon Jun 4 14:22:18 EDT 2012

On 04.06.2012 17:59, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> We are you using the linker support for response files?  I thought ninja
> was handling this with its own response files?
>

> rspfile, rspfile_content
> rule link
>     command = link.exe /OUT$out [usual link flags here] @$out.rsp
>     rspfile = $out.rsp
>     rspfile_content = $in

We use ninja's response files:

# Rule for linking CXX static library.
rule CXX_STATIC_LIBRARY_LINKER
   command = E:\sandbox\MinGW32\bin\ar.exe cr $out $LINK_FLAGS @$out.rsp
   description = Linking CXX static library $out
   rspfile = $out.rsp
   rspfile_content = $in

But the problem is, that ar under windows doesn't like paths with one single '\'
and on some UNIXs doesn't support response files at all.

Peter