[cmake-developers] ninja failing CompileCommandOutput

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Jun 1 12:22:03 EDT 2012

On 5/30/2012 1:37 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Bill Hoffman wrote:
>
>> Looks like there is one more left:
>>
>> http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=146498578&build=2319638
>>

> Hmm, I'm not sure how to solve this.
>
> It seems like the full path to the compiler with backslashes doesn't have
> its backslashes escaped, and they get stripped on the shell.
>
> The substitution of the compiler path is done in
> cmLocalGenerator::ExpandRuleVariable, which gets it from the cmake platform
> files I think. I don't know where the backslashes need to be escaped (if
> that's the problem).

Can you explain to me what this test actually does?  I guess it is
running a compile command without the build tool?   Looks like you are
using a c++ program to run the compiler.  I think you need to go to
POSIXs paths to run the command and that should work.  You have a string
with \ in it, and you need to change it to /.   Not sure why ninja fails
and nmake does not...

-Bill