[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013448]: Cannot detect extensions of cpp files

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Jul 31 21:04:52 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=13448
Reported By:                LynnKaye
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13448
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2012-07-31 21:04 EDT
When I try to go over the tutorial, I write

add_executable(Tutorial tutorial.cxx)

while I have a tutorial.cpp file. When I run cmake, it says

Cannot find source file:

    tutorial.cxx

  Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp
  .hxx .in .txx

When I change the file extension from .cpp to .cxx, it builds successfully.
Apparently, it fails to find the tutorial.cpp

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change