[cmake-developers] Ninja: files per second

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Mon Jul 30 06:20:19 EDT 2012

Hi Peter,

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 14:03:48 +0200
Peter Kümmel <syntheticpp at gmx.net> wrote:

> On 28.07.2012 11:43, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> >
> > Nice.
> >
> > I was now able to get the Freecell Solver test suite to pass with "ninja test",
> > but there is one problem: when I run "ninja -vv test", then ninja displays the
> > line
> > "[1/1] cd /home/shlomif/progs/freecell/git/fc-solve/fc-solve/source/n&&
> > perl /home/shlomif/progs/freecell/git/fc-solve/fc-solve/source/run-tests.pl"
> >
> > and then it waits for the entire test suite to run, and only then displays its
> > output. This is frustrating because I want to see the output while the test
> > suite is running. Is there anyway to do it like that?
>
> No, this is by design, ninja collects the whole output so it is not interweaved
> with the output of other processes.
>
> Peter

Well, when I run "ninja test", then eventually there's only one process running
and this it the test harness (for which I don't want to wait to finish to view
intermediate output). Can you consider integrating Nicolas’ solution from:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake-developers/2012-July/004701.html

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish