[cmake-developers] CMake + Ninja working almost everywhere

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Jul 19 16:51:58 EDT 2012

On 7/19/2012 2:39 PM, Evan Martin wrote:
> Ninja points both the stdout and stderr of any executed subprocess
> into the same pipe:
> https://github.com/martine/ninja/blob/master/src/subprocess.cc#L86
>
> Is the subprocess writing to both output streams without flushing?
> Does this test behave reliably under non-Ninja systems?
It does seem to work without ninja.  However, the odd thing is that
although this is a ninja build of cmake.  It is using ctest to drive the
dashboard and testing.  I don't even think ninja is running when this
test is running.  So, I suspect an issue with ctest itself.

It is doing a flush with each line of output.  So, I am not sure what is
going on yet...

-Bill