[cmake-developers] trouble with running cpack --help during cmake step

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Jul 12 15:28:31 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:27 AM, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/7/2 Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>:
> > 2012/7/2 David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:
> >>

> >> Probably because of this:
> >>
> >>   LIST(APPEND CMAKE_SYSTEM_PREFIX_PATH
> >>     /sw        # Fink
> >>     /opt/local # MacPorts
> >>     )
> >>
> >> from Darwin.cmake...
> >
> > OK could you try my proposal I just pushed on stage:
> >
> > To git at cmake.org:stage/cmake.git
> >    848f220..a8c659c  HEAD -> DoNotInvokeCPackAtCMakeTime-forCMakeTests
> >
> > And of course you were right for the "get the list at test time"
> > because at least
> > the "non-finding" would have been consistent.
> >
> > I'll do that but probably not for 2.8.9.
>
> David,
> Bill,
>
> Would you like me to push that to next  or would you have a look first?
> It would definitely be better to have the **very same** way of checking
> for tools (rpmbuild and dpkg) in Tests and/or cpack main
> but like I said I won't have time to implement proper logic in CMake
> Tests right now.

I pushed this to 'next' the other day, but the test failures on
dashmacmini3 remain, so the latest commit is not having its intended effect.

Back to Bill's original assertion:
"I am not sure how this works on a fresh build tree either as cpack won't
even exist."

It must work on fresh build trees, because all of our Nightly dashboards
work from fresh build trees. Since those work (even before this recent
branch), there must be something else going on here.

We're not going to merge this into 'master' until we get it right... I'll
take a look at this tomorrow if you don't have time to spend on it right
now, Eric.

Thanks,
David