[cmake-developers] After using CMake 2.8 VS produces QT Add-in error

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Tue Jul 10 16:15:58 EDT 2012

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 02:38:58 PM Gerenrot, Mikhail wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> We have a C++ project that uses QT3. We run CMake to generate the project
> and run VS 2008 to compile. With CMake 2.6 everything was OK, but now we
> have upgraded to CMake 2.8. It generates the project, but VS does not
> compile, it gives Qt Visual Studio Add-in error that says "ERROR: Can't
> find the Qt version that's associated with this project.".
>
> We really need this upgrade to CMake 2.8 and any help will be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you all in advance,
>
> Mike Gerenrot, Stryker Corp.

I'm not familiar with a way that a cmake upgrade can cause this error.

How are you putting the Qt version into the CMake generated visual studio
project?

Also, there are other things that can cause this, e.g.

Clinton Stimpson
Elemental Technologies, Inc
Computational Simulation Software, LLC
www.csimsoft.com