[cmake-developers] Ninja passes all tests on OS X

Nicolas Desprès nicolas.despres at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 14:54:27 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> On 7/6/2012 12:45 PM, Nicolas Desprčs wrote:
>>
>> Both work. Generally I use helper class with language not supporting
>> multiple inheritance but if you prefer not to use it that's not a
>> problem. I'll do the patch. Thanks for answering.
>
> Great, thanks for doing the work.  Lets go with the helper class, should be
> pretty easy to implement.
>
> Thanks again.

I have pushed the re-factor patch. Let me know what do you think. I
have tested on Linux and MacOSX with the Makefile and Ninja generator
and both work fine.

> Only one thing left that the ninja generator won't do correctly.  It won't
> build fortran 90 code with modules.  I posted to the ninja list, but no one
> seems interested in helping to solve the problem... :(

I'm afraid there is not so many people interested in Fortran 90 support :(.

I think the problem would be the same in C++ if we had to use CMake's
own dependency parser instead of -M options. In this case, my first
try would be to generate the build.ninja once the dependency scan has
been done. When the dependencies change the build.ninja would have to
be rewritten.

Cheers,
Nico