[cmake-developers] SelectLibraryConfigurations

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Tue Jul 31 12:30:25 EDT 2012

Hi,

I just did a "git grep optimized Modules/Find*" to search for any modules that
add the optimized and debug keywords by hand. We have a module for that:
SelectLibraryConfigurations.cmake. This has the advantage of e.g. taking care
for the case that only one of the debug and release library types were found,
the generator does not support different configurations or simply both
libraries being identical. Also the library variables are automatically marked
as advanced. When my latest patch gets merged it will also take care of the
case when it's not just a library, but a list of libraries to link to.

Anyway, these are the modules that currently do the handling themselves. I
would welcome if they would either switch to SelectLibraryConfigurations or
tell me what stops them from doing so.

One thing is that currently the macro automatically sets a _FOUND variable
which may collide with FPHSA. Maybe we want to introduce a variant of the
macro that does not do that. I remember that at least in one module I
explicitely unset the _FOUND variable later to avoid that collision.

-Boost
-Bullet
-Coin3D
-GTK2