[cmake-developers] Improving CPack Documentation (and may be others as well)

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 10:13:21 EST 2012

2012/1/31 Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2012/1/25 Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>:
>>> I'd rather switch to a real documentation engine like asciidoc than
>>> implement all those markup capabilities.  We'd need one that can handle
>>> literate programming for .cmake modules though.
>>
>> Do you mean that I should drop the current work and go for asciidoc
>> (and leaving backward compatibility alltogether) or that the current
>> markup is ok (and could be merged to next) and that we could
>> go a step further by using asciidoc later or only inside the current
>> preformatted doc?
>
> The current work is fine for its purpose.  I just don't want to
> implement yet another markup language with all the bells and whistles
> instead of using an existing one.

Ok Agreed.
Just merged the branch to next.
Merge topic 'ImproveCPackDoc-reloaded' into next

62b589b Suppress unused var, beautify code, avoid 1 extra newline.
751713f Update bash completion file in order to handle new CPack doc options.
1629615 CPack Documentation extraction from CMake script begins to work
83e34dd Implement simple CMake script comment markup language.
c6a0169 CPack begin the implementation of --help-command* and --help-variables*

Auto-merging Source/cmake.cxx
Pushing upstream next
To git at cmake.org:cmake.git

Once merged to master it will give the opportunity to enhance CPack
documentation.
I'll go through CPack*.cmake module in order to update them for documentation.

May be other can use the very same technique in order to document
ctest variables.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org