[cmake-developers] Improving CPack Documentation (and may be others as well)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jan 25 10:16:05 EST 2012

On 1/24/2012 5:50 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:
> cmake --help-module CPackComponent
> or any other (untouched module)
> cmake --help-module FindQt4
>
> you'll see that the extra space are there as well.
> So yes there is too much space, but this is not due to
> my current proposal, it was there before.
> We can handle that separately.

Agreed.  Sorry, I forgot that this problem already existed.
It was created by the original module documentation extractor.
It inconsistently treats transitions from paragraph text to
preformatted text and back, giving the latter extra blank lines.
Now we can't fix it without changing the formatting of all the
existing documentation.  (Perhaps the markup can help with that
later.)

> I won't be doing this now I'd rather agree on the new markup
> feature first.

The markup feature looks fine to me.  The markup syntax adds
some information even for those reading the raw source.
I don't know if others have an opinion though.