[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012882]: MinGW makefile project cannot be build in parallel mode

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Wed Jan 18 09:48:03 EST 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Galeazzi
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12882
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-01-18 09:48 EST
Last Modified:              2012-01-18 09:48 EST
I generated a MakeFile Project (MinGW) and I'd like to speed up the
build process using -j N option. So I launched:
"make -j 2 all".
Unfortunately I noticed that the Makefile, generated by CMake self,
contains this row: $(MAKE) -f CMakeFiles\Makefile2 all , so Makefile2
won't be executed in parallel mode.
On the other hand if I manually launch
make -j 2 -f CMakeFiles\Makefile2 all, the project will be built in parallel
mode reducing the needed time from 25 min to 14 min.

Steps to Reproduce:
1 - Generate a MinGW Makefile on a Windows machine
2 - Build the project launching make -j 2 all

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change