[cmake-developers] Improving OpenSSL version support

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Fri Jan 13 09:47:46 EST 2012

> On 1/13/2012 9:41 AM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
>>> The explanation you give in your new commit on the topic is more
>>> coherent.
>>> Where did you get it that information?
>>
>> The lines above the examples.
>>
>> Status = f ->  this is a released version
>> PP = 0x1 ->  a
>
> That doesn't appear in my version.  I guess they added it later.

No, indeed exactly the lines you quoted before. It's just that the patch
level is encoded as number in the C constant, but written as letter in the
string. Look again:

 * 0.9.3          0x0090300f
PP: 0 -> no letter, S: f -> released version
 * 0.9.3a         0x0090301f
PP: 1 -> a, S: f -> released version
 * 1.2.3z         0x102031af
PP: 0x1a = 26 -> z, S: f -> released version

Eike