[cmake-developers] Two pull requests

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Feb 28 15:02:21 EST 2012

On 2/28/2012 2:46 PM, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
 > I've published two branches on gitorious.

Thanks for your work!

> First, I run spellcheck on some source files.
> git pull git://gitorious.org/~urkud1/cmake/urkud-cmake.git ready/fix-typos

Please combine those commits and write a single commit message
that briefly explains the tools you ran to find the errors.

> Next, I fixed some doxygen formatting.
> git pull git://gitorious.org/~urkud1/cmake/urkud-cmake.git ready/apidocs-
> fixes

Please prefix the commit messages with "doxygen: " since all the
changes are for Doxygen comment formatting.

> The last commit in this branch replaces all '///!' by '///'. This can
> potentially conflict with many topic branches. One of the ways to avoid such
> conflicts is to run `sed -e 's,///!,///' -i *.h` in each branch that
> conflicts with apidocs-fixes branch.

I'd rather make that as a sweeping change and then rebase active
topics on it.  This is better done right after a release when
there are no major topics underway.  Let's drop that commit
for now.

> P.S.: Do you accept gitorious pull requests, or should I send e-mails like
> this? I don't want to fill a bug report in mantis for each small fix.

We accept any form of patch that comes in if it is easy to apply.
Fetching real Git commits is a nice way to get them :)

Thanks!