[cmake-developers] find_package module-only policy

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Feb 28 08:24:20 EST 2012

On 2/27/2012 3:17 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Anything left I should do before merging into next ?
>
> The documentation of find_package() may need some modifications, I thought you
> may want to have a look at that ?

I reverted FindPackage_ImprovedErrorMessages from next and
replaced it with find_package-report-CONFIGS-error containing
only the bugfix.  I also removed the topics

   FindPackage_CONFIG_MODE_MODULE_MODE
   FindPackage_CONFIG_MODULEKeywordsFirst
   FindPackage_ImprovedErrorMessages
   FindPackage_MODULE_MODE_Policy

from the stage (I have backups locally).  This makes room for the
new changes we've discussed in this thread without mixing them up
with the original proposal.

I replaced the FindPackage_ModeWarning topic on the stage with a
rewritten one that makes (almost) the same net change.  I just
tweaked the documentation of find_package a bit and wrapped a
couple long lines in the source code.  The new sequence of
commits makes each part of the change much clearer and easier
to review.

However, I'm not yet prepared to merge this to next.  I'm going
to make more significant edits to the proposed changes and post
them as a separate topic and then report back here.