[cmake-developers] compiler version variables

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Feb 24 13:31:03 EST 2012

On 2/24/2012 1:15 PM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Brad King wrote:
>> FYI, this variable is not set by all generators yet.  It is computed as
>
> Ok, but they should work for GCC and Intel, no? And this stuff as part of
> CMake qualifies as internal use? So I have nothing to change?

Sure it is internal use but I'm not sure whether it will always work.
Older Xcode versions use GCC under the hood, and this will not detect
the version of that GCC.  However in your particular use case it looks
like at worst the warning will be missing, and only on very old versions,
so I think it is okay.