[cmake-developers] target_include_directories branch in stage

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Feb 22 08:05:08 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
> David Cole wrote:
>
>> Pushed down the queue again... I'll get to it soon. There are a handful of
>> minor changes that I still need to make first.
>
> Ok.
>
> Let me know if it's anything I can do.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve.
>

> --
>
> Powered by www.kitware.com

Finally pushed the most recent commits this morning... Please see the
target-include-directories branch on the stage. (Not yet merged to
'next' -- but soon will be.)

Question (probably for Brad):

What should --help-property emit now that there are both directory and
target level properties for INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES?

Here's what it does:

$ bin/Debug/cmake --help-property INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES
cmake version 2.8.7.20120222-g56a44
  INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES
       List of preprocessor include file search directories.

       This read-only property specifies the list of directories given so far
       to the include_directories command.  It is intended for debugging
       purposes.

So the most recent commit in the topic branch, which adds
documentation for the target level property, appears useless... Should
we eliminate the directory level documentation as well? Or emit both?
If so, how?

After we settle this one remaining point, I'll patch up the topic
branch and merge it to 'next'.

Thanks to everybody for your help and patience in getting this feature
into CMake.

Cheers,
David C.