[cmake-developers] New group on the CMake dashboard

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Feb 21 13:43:25 EST 2012

I've created a group called "Temporarily Problematic Nightly" on the
CMake dashboard today.

It's for dashboards which chronically fail for reasons beyond our control.

The two submissions that I sent to that group are using the "Visual
Studio 11" generator and the VS 11 Developer Preview from MSFT. At the
moment, there are random crashes of MSBuild when running our
dashboards. Usually on different tests each night, sometimes even on
the build of CMake itself. I'm fairly certain these crashes are no
fault of CMake's, and we are hoping that MSFT will fix them before
they make VS11 a final release. If/when that happens, and the
dashboard submissions from this machine are green again, I'll move
them back to "Nightly Expected."

Let me know if you object to this in any way... I'm not attached to
this particular group name, but I do want it to include "Nightly" in
the name. Also, CDash should not send out any failure emails from this
group.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts here.

Thx,
David