[cmake-developers] ninja spaces in the path do not work on linux

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 09:37:53 EST 2012

Le 19 février 2012 15:19, Nicolas Desprès <nicolas.despres at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Thanks for this Peter.  I have just tried the new stage/ninja-generator
> branch with spaces in both the source and the binary directory and I got
> this result for the test suite:
>
>  The following tests FAILED:
> 83 - CPackComponents (Failed)
> 217 - CMake.CheckSourceTree (Failed)
>
> Note that on my Linux box:
> - CMake.CheckSourceTree always fail even on the master branch (I never tried
> to understand why).

Because you should have some local modification in the source tree.
Try:
ctest -V -R CMake.CheckSourceTree

and you'll possibly get an explanation like:
232: additions='0'
232: conflicts='0'
232: modifications='0'
232: nonadditions='1'
232: CMake Error at CheckSourceTreeTest.cmake:422 (message):
232:   test fails: local source tree non-additions: use git add before
committing,
232:   or remove the files from the source tree

> - CPackComponents fails only when there are spaces but the Unix Makefiles
> generator has the same issue.

I think this should not happen, normally CPack generators that cannot
handle space in build tree (like CPackRPM) should be filtered out.

In order to know the culprit same method applies here:
ctest -V -R "^CPackComponents$"

(you can do ctest -V -R CPackComponents
 but you'll get more tests)

--