[cmake-developers] Additional software on a Windows build machine

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Fri Feb 17 15:35:31 EST 2012

Hi,

the CMakeOnly.AllFindModules collects the output of all the Find*.cmake
modules for some weeks now. However it of course can only find what is
installed. There are some modules that find their stuff by querying an
executable for things, like perl and ruby for example. I suspect that these
programs will output a native path, i.e. can screw up things severely on
Windows. Therefore I would like to see if one of the Kitware build machines
could get a bunch of additional stuff installed to give the findmodules
something to work on. Currently my main interest would be perl (see e.g.
http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/) and ruby
(http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyinstaller/). The reason is simply that I
have touched those modules recently and would like to see if they are properly
working. Any other stuff you may find suitable (python, lua, whatever
libraries) will certainly not hurt either.

Thanks,

Eike