[cmake-developers] Making Config.cmake files easier to write

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 13:33:34 EST 2012

Eric Noulard wrote:

> 2012/2/17 Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>:
>> We discussed that too already.
>
> Sorry, I surely missed this part if the discussion,
> next time don't bother re-explaining me I'll go and dig the ML.
A digest of the old discussion.

The only non-bloated version of "do all the cmake-config magic" command I
see is write_basic_config_file_for_export(MyExport). This would require some
changes on C++ side (i.e., make it possible to query MyExport DESTINTATION,
NAMESPACE, list of targets etc.). And this will work only for simple cases
(e.g., a few libraries/executables with simple version logic).
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru