[cmake-developers] Modifying RPATH feature to run tests uninstalled

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 04:32:02 EST 2012

2012/2/17 Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>:

> a) To change CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH so that it leaves the RPATH on in the build
> tree, but not in the install tree, IMO makes sense.

We already have
CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH
CMAKE_SKIP_BUILD_RPATH

may be we are missing
CMAKE_SKIP_INSTALL_RPATH

or that
CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH set to true may be overriden
for the build tree with CMAKE_SKIP_BUILD_RPATH to OFF

which is not the case currently (I did just checked).

more detail:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_RPATH_handling
cmake --help-variable-list | grep RPATH

--