[cmake-developers] ninja broken on windows?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Feb 16 17:29:50 EST 2012

On 2/16/2012 5:19 PM, David Cole wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Richard Wackerbarth <richard at nfsnet.org
> <mailto:richard at nfsnet.org>> wrote:
>
>     What are we trying to accomplish here?
>

> 2 things:
>
> (1) Keep the CMake ninja generator working with the changing state of
> the CMake code base (primary)
> (2) Understanding what version of ninja works good on all the platforms
> on which it is built

I just created a ctest script that will pull a clean ninja from
  git://github.com/martine/ninja.git, build ninja, then use that ninja
to run a dashboard of CMake.

I did find out that the ninja generator is not part of the cmake
bootstrap.  So, that test can not run.  We might want to add that
feature.  I am on the fence on that one.  We could just disable the test
like we do for Xcode.

Anyway the script (work in progress) is here:

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewNotes.php?buildid=2012841

In the nightly section of CMake:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=CMake
The results are here: