[cmake-developers] Making Config.cmake files easier to write

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Feb 16 13:55:44 EST 2012

On 2/16/2012 1:24 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Actually I expected I would prefer this over the fixed names, but now that
> I've done it and look at what Config.cmake.in file I have to write, I think I
> liked the previous version with the fixed names (CONFIG_HELPER) better. I
> think it was easier to do, a simple scheme.

I think the fixed names are better/simpler too.  I'm not fond of
"CONFIG_HELPER" specifically.  The information stored in them is
about the *package* that the file is configuring, which is why
I originally proposed the prefix "PACKAGE_".  The INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR
is where the *package* goes, not where the config helper is/goes.

It's also the same as the package version file input/output
variable names.