[cmake-developers] Support for imported targets in CMAKE_REQUIRED_LIBRARIES

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Feb 16 12:09:31 EST 2012

On Thursday 16 February 2012, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Thursday 16 February 2012, Brad King wrote:
> > On 2/16/2012 6:32 AM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Done, and pushed to stage.
> > > I added the prefix "cmake_" to the function, and added a test for it.
> >
> > Looks good, thanks.
> >
> > However now that I look at the end result I realize that the
> > functionality is not specific to CMAKE_REQUIRED_LIBRARIES at all.  It is
> > a general conversion from imported targets to raw file paths.  Perhaps
> > the name
> >
> > and interface could be made more general:
> >    include(CMakeExpandImportedTargets)
> >    cmake_expand_imported_targets(result LIBRARIES
> >
> > ${CMAKE_REQUIRED_LIBRARIES})
>
> I can change that if you want it.

Done and merged into next, including a test.
When merging, please have a look at:
f5e46ef -don't pull in CheckTypeSize.cmake from the cmake which is being built

IMO it should be fine.
cmcurl/CMakeLists.txt pulled the CheckTypeSize.cmake from the cmake which is
being built into the cmake which is building. This broke with cmake 2.6.4,
since CMakeExpandImportedTargets.cmake now uses a feature from cmake 2.8.3
(CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR)

Alex