[cmake-developers] Ninja help

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Wed Feb 15 17:27:45 EST 2012

On 15.02.2012 18:17, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> On 2/15/2012 11:20 AM, Nicolas Desprès wrote:
>>
>> For compiling and testing you can find all the information in the
>> HACKING file.
>
> Well, this is ugly:
>
> ------HACKING--------
> Windows development on Windows:
> - install mingw, msys, and python
> - in the mingw shell, put Python in your path, and: python bootstrap.py
> - to reconfigure, run 'python configure.py'
> - remember to strip the resulting executable if size matters to you
> - you'll need to rename ninja.exe into my-ninja.exe during development,
>     otherwise ninja won't be able to overwrite itself when building
> ------HACKING--------
>
> It would be really nice if ninja had a CMake build system with it for
> windows development.  It basically looks like a bunch of c++ files.
> Having to have python to build ninja is a pain for setting up a visual
> studio ninja dashboard.
>

> -Bill

Hi Bill,

here is up-to-date cmake file:

   https://github.com/syntheticpp/dartruntime/tree/cmake

It works on Win, Linux, Mac and ll gtest based unit test passes.
The cmake file is in misc/.

I also asked for adding this one file to the official code, but as
always, adding a new build system is like wanting them switching religion...

Feel free to patch this file for your needs, or ask for new features
I will add them.

Peter