[cmake-developers] Ninja help

Peter Collingbourne peter at pcc.me.uk
Wed Feb 15 11:18:38 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:47:33AM -0500, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Where at are the versions of Ninja that I need to use with CMake for:
>
> Windows:
> Mac:
> Linux:
>

> I have seen several git branches mentioned in emails, and it is not
> clear to me where to get the right Ninja for CMake on all platforms.  To
> setup nightly testing, is there a master git branch that we should test
> against?  This would let us know if Ninja breaks CMake support right
> away.

Hi Bill,

The correct "mainline" branch to use for all platforms (and the one
I have been testing against) is the master branch from this repository:

git://github.com/martine/ninja.git

which is maintained by Evan Martin.  I don't think any other branches
are maintained/code-reviewed/updated as frequently.  I know that
people have been experimenting with improved Windows support elsewhere
but I think that we should go with whatever is eventually merged
into mainline.

Peter