[cmake-developers] Making Config.cmake files easier to write

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 15:33:07 EST 2012

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Tuesday 14 February 2012, Brad King wrote:
> Alternatively, Yuri suggested this in a thread on kde-buildsystem, there
> could be a macro which completely generates the Config.cmake file.
> This would get rid of a bunch of problems, like having to write
> complicated code in the Config.cmake file, but OTOH it would have to take
> quite a lot of parameters, e.g. how it should set up the LIBRARY variables
> from the exported targets, in which namespace they have been exported,
> etc.
>
> This would be a quite big macro.
Now I think that it would require a lot of code for no real gain.

A "simple" API would be "write me a basic Config.cmake file for this export
set" but this would require a few changes in C++ code (i.e., turn export set
into an object with properties like DESTINATION, FILE, NAMESPACE, TARGETS).
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru