[cmake-developers] Topic branches in limbo on the stage?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 18:48:20 EST 2012

2012/2/8 David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:
> The stage is intended only for topics that are imminently going to be merged
> to 'next'...
>
> The following CMake topic branches have been on the stage for quite some
> time without being merged to 'next':
>
>                      CPackNSIS-fixIgnore-INCLUDE_TOPLEVEL | master=0 next=0
>
> If it's ready to be tested on the dashboard machines, then please merge it
> to 'next'.

Just done for this one which is mine.
It fixes bug #12935.

Now for "have been on the stage for quite some time"
You guys will be reaching light speed soon enough;

My unmerged commit:
commit 6a74eb1d36b079fe6b566244a636ac1e43303aa6
Author: Eric NOULARD <eric.noulard at gmail.com>
Date:   Sun Feb 5 13:13:48 2012 +0100

3 days!!

Just kidding but...

> Thanks -- that will make our weekly merge sessions easier to do when we
> don't have to deal with this handful of noise that's not ready yet.

OK.

> Please consider using github or some other free online git hosting facility
> for sharing branches with others when they are not yet ready for next.

Noted too.

> Eventually, we'll get a gerrit instance to host CMake for us so that we can
> review changes in gerrit and avoid this sort of thing by default.

Would be nice.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org