[cmake-developers] New INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES policy approach

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 05:14:20 EST 2012

Brad King wrote:

> When the property is not set (internally it is WARN) then tll()

s/property/policy/ ?
s/internally/initially/ ?

> will populate both the old and new properties.  ComputeLinkInfo

do you mean cmComputeLinkDepends?

> will compute both the old and new style link interfaces, warn if
> they are different, and use the old one.

I think that's much more complex. Why do you think it's less complex than
what is currently in my branch which compares the contents of the properties
instead?

What would happen if foo has policy WARN, and bar has policy NEW, and foo
depends on bar, and the policy is triggered?