[cmake-developers] New INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES policy approach

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 05:09:10 EST 2012

Stephen Kelly wrote:

> I'll try again to deal with it in b(y|i)tesize chunks.

I thought I should write a high-level email too.

All of your proposed changes to the plumbing are difficult to understand
because you don't relate what you are proposing to what we had discussed and
understood before.

It would be easier if you made your proposed changes to the plumbing in the
form of changes to what we'd discussed and understood before, so we can
understand if it's really less complex. Starting new threads with many new
concepts is not getting the stuff finished :). I'd much prefer to try to
find any real issues with my topic as it currently is instead of discussing
new proposals made in the name of less complexity (I don't think the new
proposals are any less complex). Ever since your USE_INTERFACES email, we
haven't really been working on the meat of the feature anymore.

All of the commits in my topic are organized so that all the plumbing
commits come before any porcelain commits, so it should be quite easy to
review.