[cmake-developers] CMAKE_PATCH_VERSION = 10 for 2.8.10.2

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sun Dec 23 14:44:23 EST 2012

On 2012-12-23 09:18-0500 David Cole wrote:

> For the full CMake version as a string, you should just use
> ${CMAKE_VERSION} these days.

Yeah, I just discovered that for myself while reading through the
documentation.  It's the fundamental peril of getting started much too
early with CMake. All my build systems tend to copy from each other
including all the roundabout ways I got things to work for cmake-2.4.2
six (!) years ago in an intense two-week period when the PLplot team
implemented most of our CMake-based build system.  I plan to switch to
using ${CMAKE_VERSION} for the build systems I have implemented as
part of a general process of replacing (when I find them) complicated
constructs that worked for ancient CMake with the simpler modern
equivalents.

The only remaining issue from this thread is why isn't there a
CMAKE_CACHE_TWEAK_VERSION variable in the cache corresponding
to CMAKE_TWEAK_VERSION?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin