[cmake-developers] CMAKE_PATCH_VERSION = 10 for 2.8.10.2

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sun Dec 23 00:08:30 EST 2012

Shouldn't that be 10.2?

I like to output the exact CMake version each time I run cmake using

message(STATUS
"CMake version = ${CMAKE_MAJOR_VERSION}.${CMAKE_MINOR_VERSION}.${CMAKE_PATCH_VERSION}")

but the result is the incorrect 2.8.10 for CMake version 2.8.10.2.

In the past, the above cmake logic has worked fine for release
candidates, where the RC string is part of CMAKE_PATCH_VERSION, e.g.,
10-RC1.  But not in the present case.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin