[cmake-developers] Setting include directories via target_link_libraries() ?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 13:12:17 EST 2012

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/3615/focus=5247

>> Also as the existing code (for computing the link closure) handles
>> cycles, it might be easier to refactor it and keep the cycle handling.
>
> Actually, that is a killer argument for explicit interfaces instead of
> interfaces implied by linking.

I don't think it is.

I added a commit to my wip-target-interface branch (Make cycles in target
properties ignored, not an error) which makes it not an error to have cycles
in INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES transitive resolution as it already is in my branch.

The logic for it is probably similar to what it would be for USE_INTERFACES
(exit loops and continue outside of it). Given that the cycle resolution is
not dependent on using USE_INTERFACES, I don't think that's a killer
argument in favor of that new property.