[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013800]: Only one directory taken into account (CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH)

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Dec 17 06:28:58 EST 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Jonathan De Wachter
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13800
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2012-12-17 06:28 EST
Last Modified:              2012-12-17 06:28 EST
CMake doesn't search at *all* path defined by CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH (at least for
headers include).

I can get my headers found for the first path defined but the second, the
third... it doesn't work.

My scenario is a compiler split and located at different location (you'll find
some headers and libraries located in several external directories).

This is the case for Android compilers provided by the NDK which include the STL
library version according:
- the Android API you are targeting
- the compiler brand/version.

This is the main compiler directory:
$NDK/toolchains/arm-compiler/bin/<compilers here>
$NDK/toolchains/arm-compiler/include/<several files but no stl headers>

This is an external directory including some headers and libraries:
$NDK/platforms/android-9/include<again some several files but no stl headers>
$NDK/platforms/android-14/include<again some several files but no stl headers>

This is another external directory including several STL versions:
$NDK/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.6/<stl headers>
$NDK/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.4.3/<stl headers>
$NDK/sources/cxx-stl/stlport/stlport/<stl headers>

The goal is pick up the right headers/libraries and so make a customized
compiler suitable for the targeted mobile and the targeted os.

Additional Information:
I know I actually should use a script which generates a standalone compiler with
all headers/libraries at a same location. But I don't want that.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change