[cmake-developers] Tests for PRE_BUILD | PRE_LINK | POST_BUILD

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Dec 12 14:21:07 EST 2012

On 12/12/2012 02:10 PM, James Bigler wrote:
> I think the test might have already been there, but it was broken due to a copy/paste error:
>
> The command to do generate prelink.txt was using PRE_BUILD instead of PRE_LINK.

Good catch.  From the docs:

 "Note that the PRE_BUILD option is only supported on Visual Studio 7 or later.
  For all other generators PRE_BUILD will be treated as PRE_LINK."

so I guess for non-VS generators it was testing as pre-link anyway ;)

> If you fix this, what do the dashboards tell you?  I'm going to try it locally as well.

You have sufficient privileges to merge the fix to 'next' for testing
and follow up with dashboard results.  I won't have time for a while.