[cmake-developers] Policy for INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Dec 6 16:31:04 EST 2012

On 12/06/2012 03:55 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Brad King wrote:
>> Let's keep the proposed changes in your Gitorious clone at
>>
>>  https://gitorious.org/~steveire/cmake/steveires-cmake
>>
>> for now.  If I need to push commits I'll publish them somewhere similar.
>
> So what are the next steps? Should I wait for you or are you waiting on me?

It's waiting on more discussion in this and Alex's thread.

I think one reason I've struggled to review some of these changes is that
we don't have an internal design document.  Currently I need to infer the
design from our discussion and the commits themselves.  Due to the nature
of these changes it may be easier to work on a more formal design doc first.
Currently it is scattered in our heads and throughout the messages in a few
monster threads.

A design document would keep the current status in one place (and version
controlled).  It could be reviewed and revised without digging into the code
details.  That will save time for both of us.  Then when we return to
implementation we will have a stable design to target.  Implementation,
tests, and reviews can use it as a reference.

I'm picturing this as just a simple reStructuredText document in a branch
of your repo.  If anyone (like Alex) wants to join the discussion there
will be one place to look for the current status.

Thoughts?