[cmake-developers] Policy for INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 08:08:04 EST 2012

Brad King wrote:

> Anyway, I think once the LINK_PUBLIC part of the policy is worked
> out then I'll perform one final review pass through the topic.
> I'd also like to have the CMP0019 test added to it covering the
> current form of the policy (since it's changed since you wrote the
> test before).  I can help work out any dashboard issues like those
> you encountered the first time.

There is another twist in the tail here. The existing topic on next is not
taking account of the case where the link implementation is the link
interface when exporting.

I have pushed new commits to my gitorious clone in the wip-target-interface
branch. I also pushed the add-INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES-property branch to my
clone, which I recommend merging to next. If you give me a green light on
that (and squash some of the commits together), I'll push the next batch of
commits on top.

I didn't add the CMP0019 test to my branch. It cherry-picks cleanly though,
so whenever you think you'll be able to resolve the test failures on the
dashboard with it, feel free to merge it to next.

By the way, I noticed that fix-ExpandVariables-performance was not merged in
the recent merge session. Is there a problem with it?