[cmake-developers] CMake confused if CMakeFiles directory removed

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Aug 29 09:58:56 EDT 2012

On 08/23/2012 04:55 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Comparing the CMakeFiles from both runs is informative. The "broken" one
> has only empty values in its CMake<lang>Compiler.cmake, and its
> CMakeDetermineCompilerABI_<lang>.bin are empty files (file size == 0).

Coincidentally I was working on changes last week that happen
to cover this case.  They are meant to make transitioning an
existing build tree to a new version of CMake smoother:

 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=7195aca5
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=3df81b49
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=e5fee8a7

As a side effect they will probably fix your case too.