[cmake-developers] Porting QtDialog to Qt 5

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Tue Aug 21 13:41:51 EDT 2012

On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 07:23:05 PM Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> > On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:18:44 AM Stephen Kelly wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've pushed the qt5-qtdialog-port branch to stage. It makes it
> >> possible
> >> to build the QtDialog with Qt 5 (and some other clean-ups). I don't
> >> have
> >> Qt 4 in my Qt 5 environment, and I do need cmake in my Qt 5
> >> environment,
> >> so this ensures that I get a usable dialog when building cmake in my
> >> Qt 5 environment.
> >>
> >> In the branch, Qt 5 is preferred if found.
> >>
> >> Any objection to merging it to next?
> >
> > Nice.
> >
> > However, I get this error:
> >
> > $ CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/dir/to/qt5-build/ cmake ../CMake
> >
> > CMake Error at Source/QtDialog/CMakeLists.txt:20 (qt5_wrap_ui):
> >   Unknown CMake command "qt5_wrap_ui".
> >
> > Call Stack (most recent call first):
> >   Source/QtDialog/CMakeLists.txt:57 (QT4_WRAP_UI)
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Interesting.
>
> Is your qtbase up to date?

Its about 1 week old, plus some of your patches going through review.
(https://codereview.qt-project.org/33193)

> Have you done a clean build recently?

Not totally clean, but I can delete the
lib/cmake/Qt5Widgets/Qt5WidgetsConfig.cmake file and regenerate it.

> Does /dir/to/qt5-build/lib/cmake/Qt5Widgets/Qt5WidgetsConfig.cmake contain
> the line: include("${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/Qt5WidgetsMacros.cmake") ?

No, it does not contain that line at the end.

> Does /dir/to/qt5-build/lib/cmake/Qt5Widgets/Qt5WidgetsMacros.cmake contain
> the qt5_wrap_ui function?
> Is this on OSX?

Linux.

Oh... if I go back to the master branch, then the Qt5WidgetsConfig.cmake file
has the include.  Perhaps something broke with that recent patch of yours.

Clint

> I also just realized that I'll have to add a line to handle -fPIC in the
> patch too...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve.
>

> --