[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013475]: Support cross-compiling fortran project in the same way as C and C++

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Wed Aug 15 16:19:49 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=13475
Reported By:                Marcin Wojdyr
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13475
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2012-08-15 16:19 EDT
CMakeDetermineFortranCompiler lacks several lines that in similar modules for C
and CXX handle GNU cross-compiler.

As a result changing order of languages in project() causes strange errors, and
if Fortran is the first or the only language the instruction at
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling won't work.

Additional Information:
CMakeDetermine(C|CXX|Fortran)Compiler.cmake files are quite similar. The Fortran
one lacks comment about _CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX at the beginning and then block
that sets _CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX near the end. I think that's all, but I may
have overlooked something. When _CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX if set CMakeFindBinUtils
sets the rest of variables.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change