[cmake-developers] Bug tracker: I need your help

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Aug 13 11:21:13 EDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Rolf Eike Beer <eike at sf-mail.de> wrote:
> Am 2012-08-13 13:35, schrieb David Cole:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I need your help. In the next week, if you have time.
>>
>> No doubt you're already sick of reading the emails about the bug
>> tracker from the last couple of days.
>>
>> My main goal here is simply to be able to get a good picture of what's
>> really happening by inspecting bug tracker query results.
>>
>> Goals:
>> - have ZERO "new" bugs that are older than a week or two (new bugs
>> should be assigned to somebody working on them, or sent to the backlog
>> if nobody can take it on in the next 3 or 4 months)
>

> I have added a comment to a few of them to help with that. But what I see is
> that there are a bunch of bugs for modules that have a maintainer (e.g.
> Boost, SWIG). I would just assign all bugs in modules to the module
> maintainers and first and let them judge if that is a useful bug after all.
>
> Eike

Thanks, Eike -- that's a great idea. I will make a pass through all
the backlog bugs after everybody is done (hopefully within a week) and
do just that: assign module bugs to the corresponding maintainers.

This email should be seen by all of them as well, though, and I would
want the same logic to apply to them: if they're not actively working
on getting it fixed for 2.8.10, then it *should* be in the backlog. To
be reviewed again later, as we start to plan the next release...

Thx,
David