[cmake-developers] qt4_use_modules

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 03:41:32 EDT 2012

Clinton Stimpson wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2012, at 10:36 AM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>> > Yes, sorry, I should have pointed that out.
>> What was the plan with the more generic target_use_package() or how it
>> was named ? This would do something similar, right ?

target_use_targets() in the latest proposal.

> I was wondering the same.  And how close are we to having the more generic
> one working?

So far Brad decided on the declarative syntax he wanted and implemented it
in a private branch. I'm sure there will be progress during cmake 2.8.10,
but it will not be finished by then. There will probably only be me working
on it (though parts of it can be parallelized). The existing cmake code has
to be refactored, the new features have to be designed (this part has been
discussed already) and implemented, unit tested, documented, and maybe used
in a few cmake modules. There is a lot to do, and I don't think we can
predict the release it will all work in yet.

Even then, it will only work with QT_USE_IMPORTED_TARGETS. qt4_use_modules
also works without it.