[cmake-developers] ReactOS: Important filed bug reports went to backlog en masse

Amine Khaldi amine.khaldi at reactos.org
Sat Aug 11 21:42:53 EDT 2012

Hello folks,

I would like to mention that many (if not all) the bugs coming from us
(ReactOS) got into backlog.

We're an operating system project, we try to file bug report only for
issues that block us, so we do not tend to file trivial bugs.

It would be great if the CMake folks tried to pay the attention that our
issues deserve.. after all, we started using CMake because we read many
positive reviews about the excellent support.

Unfortunately, we're not able to use the VS generators due to the lack
of support for ASM preprocessed files. We're not able to pass flags to
C/C++ source files without affecting the rc (resource) files. We're
forced to do many ugly workarounds for the latter, and we found no
solution for the former, and these are just examples.

All these mentioned issues got into the backlog, so basically we're left
off, without any help to get them solved.

I'm writing this hopefully as a call to the CMake folks/community to
address our issues, that we've been waiting release after release to get
them fixed, only to find out that they ended up in backlog now.

I'm writing this in the hopes of finding "a CMake developer who has the
bandwidth to take it on, and ferry a fix through to our 'next' branch
for dashboard testing".

Regards,
Amine.