[cmake-developers] Development pause for sweeping style changes

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Aug 10 09:27:37 EDT 2012

Hi Folks,

With 2.8.9 out we'd like to perform two sweeping style change commits:

(1) Remove all remnants of trailing whitespace
(2) Convert all CMake language code to use lower-case commands

These changes are likely to conflict with many changes others may
be doing.  We'd like to first merge or revert all active topics
to make 'next' and 'master' the same.  Then we will do the sweeping
commits with a couple scripts I've prepared and push them to next
and master simultaneously.  Finally everyone with active topics
not in 'next' will have to rebase and resubmit them.

Since the first step involves making 'master' and 'next' consistent
we plan to disable merge access to 'next' for the first couple days
of next week.  We will do our normal merging to 'master' and then
see where we stand.